- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Dwarves are both resilient and wise, but can also be rather gruff.
- Medium: Dwarves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 120 feet.
- Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Like a Rock: Dwarves muscles and bones are much denser than most races, which is why a 4 foot dwarf weighs as much as a 6 foot man. Dwarves have a -10 racial penalty on swim checks and can never have swim as a class skill.
- Stability: Dwarves receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing.
- Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to potentially notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in the stone walls or floors. They recieve a check to notice such features whenver they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are profcient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in it’s name as a martial weapon.
- Greed: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on all appraise skill checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
- Light Sensitivity: Being subterranean, dwaves are not accustomed to light and are dazzled in areas of bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.